New Horizons - An update from JAC's CEO
Posted on 25 May 2017 by Neil McCallum.
It's been a busy few weeks at JAC. To be honest, I can't believe its nearly summer.
In the last 5 weeks we have been busy...
- We launched our SERIES-B DNA 75W device to critical acclaim.
- We launched the S-22 tank to critical claim.
- We attended one of the world's largest vape expo’s in Shenzhen, China.
- We attended the All Parliamentary Party Group on e-cigarettes at Westminster.
- We attended, and participated in, the IBVTA's inaugural conference in Manchester. We also joined the board of the IBVTA (Independent British Vape Trade Association) too.
- We joined the UKVIA (UK Vaping Industry Association).
- We participated in various devolved administrations' discussions focusing on vaping regulation.
Our engagement in the political process, though time consuming, we feel to be worthwhile. At JAC we believe that if we are to represent the views of our customers and the wider vaping community, we need to actually positively engage, take the time, make the effort, and win the argument.
Scientific studies are beginning to appear backing up that which we knew already - vaping is much safer than traditional tobacco products. And for once, the mainstream media is beginning to pick up on these good news stories.
Finally, we are clearing the decks to ensure that we only stock fully TPD-compliant products from the deadline date of May 20th.
The TPD regulations, we believe, are in essence using a hammer to crack a nut. We think there are vast improvements that could be made to the regulations, such as:
- Removing advertising restrictions
- Removing tank liquid capacity
- Allowing larger e-liquid bottles
We believe that the age restrictions and the testing regime are sensible, but could be improved upon (all our emissions testing have produced results that are very similar, for instance).
The other benefit of the new regulations is that they allow us to take stock, look at what we do, the direction we've chosen and reflect, change and adapt.
We're in the middle of a transformational programme of our e-liquids, improving the quality of our products and refreshing the range we offer. We are beginning to refocus on picNIC, and will update you all once we are nearing deployment.
We will be releasing many new products, for beginners right through to advanced vapers this year. We'll update our range of tanks and keep building in the quality you expect from us.
We are changing our brand, our outward identity, to represent who we are now, and who we want to be in the future. We are still a small, rag-tag bunch of enthusiasts, who have built a business based on our values; quality, stylish and considered products, fantastic customer service, proper warranties and, most importantly, value for money with a sense of fun. This is us, we cannot change who we are.
In future we will accelerate the choice we offer you, but we will always maintain our ethos of considered, quality hardware and tanks, combined with liquids made from the best ingredients we can find.
As always, thank you for reading this blog, and thank you most of all for your custom. It means everything to us.