Vox Tanks Help Guide
Vox tanks feature a bottom-coil design, and hold 1.6ml of e-liquid.
Vox tanks come fitted with a 2.5Ohm coil as standard. Replacement coils in 1.8Ohm, 2.4Ohm and 2.8Ohm resistances are available for purchase separately.
The advantage of a bottom-coil design is the overall consistency of the vape. As the coil is permanently submerged in e-liquid, there is no need for a long wick, which in turn reduces the chance of dry-burning.
Our Vox tanks are available in stainless steel, black or red. The tanks feature a fixed mouth piece that cannot be swapped out.
Suitable for use with all Vgo2 batteries, our rebuildable Vox tanks hold 1.6ml of e-liquid and are fitted with a 2.5Ohm bottom-coil as standard.
Vox tanks feature a bottom-coil design, offering a more consistent vaping experience and reduced risk of dry-burning
The rebuildable Vox tank allows the user to replace the coil when it is exhausted (after around 10 refills on average). As the tank itself doesn't need to be replaced regularly, this is a more cost-effective option than the standard Crystal tank.
IF YOU ARE MIXING E-LIQUID FLAVOURS, CAN YOU ONLY DO THIS IN A BOTTLE, OR CAN YOU DO THIS IN THE TANK?
You are able to do this either way, so it depends on which way you prefer to mix them. To get the best results and a more balanced flavour when mixing, however, we recommend to mix in a bottle.
DOES THE VAPOUR PRODUCED HAVE A SMELL?
There is a slight smell which is dependent on the flavour you are using. This, however, disappears almost instantly. Along with disappearing quickly, it doesn’t stain anything or sling to clothes.
WHICH WICK AND COIL SHOULD I CHOOSE FOR MY REBUILDABLE VOX TANK, AND WHAT IS THE DIFFERNCE BETWEEN THEM?
The rebuildable VOX Tank comes with a 2.5Ohm coil as standard and has the option to purchase a 1.8Ohm and 2.8Ohm coil separately.
To help you choose the right coil when you need a replacement, lowering the resistance will increase the vapour production, but you may lose some of the taste. Using a higher resistance means less vapour, but better flavour. Some people prefer the lower resistance, but with some e-liquids you can get a slight burnt taste.
HOW LONG DO THE VOX TANKS LAST FOR BEFORE NEEDING TO BE REPLACED?
The coils in the tank tend to last for around 10 re-fills each, however, this figure can change dependant on e-liquid and how heavy you are using the e-cig. VG does tend to clog up atomisers more quickly and reduce their lifespan.
You will know when the coil needs replaced, as you will no longer be happy with the results you are getting. This is normally shown as a decline in performance and a drop in vapour production.
HOW DOES THE E-LIQUID NOT LEAK OUT OF THE TANK?
All of our tanks have built in seals, which prevents any e-liquid from leaking out.
CAN YOU USE THE VOX TANK WITH A V3 OR V3I BATTERY?
No, unfortunately, the VOX Tanks are only for use with the Vgo2 batteries.
WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE STANDARD TANKS AND THE BOTTOM COIL TANKS?
On bottom coil tanks, the coil sits at the bottom of the tank, above the battery cattery connection point when connected. As the coil is at the bottom, it means that the wicking in always soaked in e-liquid and prevents it from running dry.
DO I NEED TO WASH THE TANK WHEN I CHANGE FLAVOURS OF E-LIQUID?
Yes you can, below is our guide on how to do this:
- Empty out your tank of any e-liquid that may be remaining. We recommend to use rubber gloves when doing this, as it prevents the e-liquid from having prolonged contact with the skin.
- Disassemble your tank and remove the main housing from the base, then take out the wick and coil.
- After the tank is disassembled, all you need to do is rinse through with some warm water. Make sure not to use hot, or soapy water, as this can damage the glue in the tank.
- Leave the components for a good few hours, or overnight, to allow them to dry. Make sure to stand them upright so that the water can clear. It may also help to use some dry paper towel, to clear away any excess.
- All you now need to do, is reassemble and re-fill the tank. Remember to allow around 30 minutes for the wick to re-saturate with e-liquid.
THE E-LIQUID HAS STARTER PRODUCING A BURNT TASTE
The first thing to check, if using a VV battery, is what the voltage is set to. If above 4.2v, this can have an effect on the flavour. Simply turning this down to 4.2v or below should solve the problem. When using a new coil in the tank, it is important not to have the voltage too high, as you can burn the wick.
If the power setting is fine:
- Have a look to see if the coil needs to be replaced. The coils normally last for 10 re-fills of the tank before needing to be replaced. If you have re-filled 10 or more times, it may help to swap for a new one.
- It is important to keep the wicks in the tank fully soaked in e-liquid. By doing this, it prevents the wick from dry burning. If using a new coil, it is very important to leave the tank for around 30 minutes after filling so that the wick can fully saturate the e-liquid.
- Check to see what the resistance of the coil you are using is. When using a low resistance coil, this will produce more vapour and throat hit than higher resistance coils, however, can affect the flavour.
If you are still having any issue after checking and trying the above, please let us know by contacting customer service.
HOW DO I REPLACE THE COIL?
- Remove the tank from your battery.
- Turn the tank upside down.
- Unscrew the tanks base from the rest of the tank.
- Take out the atomiser head from the base.
- Screw the replacement coil into place.
- Reattach the base onto the tank.
- Give the tank around 30 minutes for the e-liquid to soak into the wicks.
- Vape and enjoy.
MY TANK HAS STARTED LEAKING E-LIQUID
When leaking from the base:
- Make sure that everything is screwed tightly in the tank. Any loose components can cause leaking.
- Check to ensure that the right coil is being used. As the VOX Tank is a bottom coil 808 tank, this requires its own wick and coil. If in doubt, contact customer service.
- Ensure that you haven't overfilled the tank and that you haven’t accidentally gotten e-liquid in the centre post while filling. If e-liquid has gotten in the centre post, this can be cleared by simply blowing through the mouthpiece.
- Have a look at the centre post in the tank and see if this is aligned properly. If this is not sitting straight, it could be the cause of the leaking.
If problems still continues, and your tank is still within 2 weeks of purchase, contact customer service.
When leaking from the window:
- If the leaking is coming from the window, check and make sure that it has not been physically damaged.
If the problem persists, get in touch with customer service.
When leaking from the mouthpiece:
- Follow the above steps on when the tank leaks from the base.
- Make sure that the tank hasn’t been left horizontally or upside down for an extended period of time. If it has been left like this, blow through the mouthpiece to clear any excess e-liquid out of the centre pipe.
- If, when using the e-cig, you take a series of long and deep drags, this can sometimes have the effect of bringing too much e-liquid into the atomising chamber. Due to there then being too much e-liquid in the atomising chamber, it is unable to then vaporise it all, causing some to travel up the centre post and into the mouthpiece.
- It is important to try and always use the tank in an upright position. If used when horizontal or upside down, this can cause e-liquid to be forced through the seals that are fitted inside the tank.
If problems persists, and the tank is two weeks old, or less, please contact customer service.
MY VOX TANK WON’T PRODUCE VAPOUR ANYMORE
Check to see if the tank works fine on a different battery. If it does, the issue is probably the battery opposed to the tank. In this case, refer to our battery troubleshooting to help.
If there is no vapour being produced on another battery also, check to see when you last replaced the coil. As the coils last for around 10 re-fills, if you have re-filled the tank 10 or more times, the coil will probably need to be replaced.
Have a look to ensure that the coil is tightly screwed in. If loose and not sealed properly, it can cause a poor connection with the battery, and prevent the battery to fire. If the problem continues, please contact our customer service team.