Crystal Tanks Help Guide
Crystal tanks hold 1.6ml of e-liquid, and thanks to the clear housing, it is easy to keep track of how much is left and when a refill is needed.
Our standard Crystal tanks are not rebuildable, meaning that when the coil is exhausted (after around 10 fills on average) the tank will need to be replaced.
To get the most from your tank, ensure that the wicks are given enough time to saturate fully when filling. We recommend that when filling for the first time you allow 20-30 minutes for the wicks to absorb the e-liquid. While using the tank, avoid allowing the wicks to dry out. Firing the tank while the wicks are not adequately saturated will lead to dry-burning, which causes an acrid, burnt taste.
HOW LONG DO YOU EXPECT THE TANKS TO LAST, AND WHEN DO I REPLACE IT?
The atomiser in the tank will last for roughly 10 re-fills before it will need replaced. If you are using a VG e-liquid, this tends to clog up atomisers more quickly reducing their lifespan. You just keep using them until you are no longer happy with the results. When using a rebuildable tank, this keeps the cost down, as you only need to replace the coil and not the full tank.
HOW IS THE E-LIQUID PREVENTED FROM LEAKING OUT OF THE TANK?
All of our tanks have built in seals to prevent leaking.
DO YOU NEED TO BUY A MOUTHPIECE?
The Crystal Tank comes with a black mouthpiece as standard, so there is no need to buy any coloured ones if you are okay with black.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE 2.4OHM WICK AND COIL AND THE 2.8OHM WICK AND COIL?
When you lower the resistance of the coil, you will increase the vapour production, but will lose some of the taste. Some people prefer to use a lower resistance coil, but some e-liquids will give you a slight burnt taste when doing this. As this is the case, you get the choice of 2.8Ohm or 2.4Ohm, depending on what flavour you prefer from your e-cigarette.
AM I ABLE TO USE A V3 OR V3I BATTERY WITH THE CRYSTAL TANK?
Unfortunately, the Crystal Tanks are only for use with the Vgo2 batteries.
DOES THE CRYSTAL MINI VGO2 KIT COME WITH A REBUILDABLE TANK?
Yes, the Crystal Mini Pro 2014 kits come with one of our rebuildable metal Crystal Tank.
DO THE CRYSTAL TANKS WORK WITH ALL OF THE VGO2 BATTERIES?
All of our Crystal Tanks work with all of the Vgo2 batteries, both manual and automatic.
AM I ABLE TO WASH MY TANK WHEN I CHANGE FLAVOURS OF E-LIQUID?
Yes you can, and here is how to do it:
- The first thing to do, is empty out your tank of any left over e-liquid. We recommend to use rubber gloves when cleaning the tank, to prevent any prolonged skin contact with the e-liquid.
- Disassemble your tank by detaching the main housing from the base, and then remove the wick and coil.
- After this, rinse out the various components, including the coil, in warm (not hot) water. Do not use any detergent or soap.
- Leave the components to air-dry fully. This is very important, as any excess water left in the tank may cause damage if allowed to be vaporised. We recommend to use some dry paper towel to clear away any excess water.
- Lastly, all you need to do is reassemble and refill the tank, and allow at least 30 minuted for the e-liquid to saturate.
MY E-LIQUID IS TASTING BURNT
If you are using a variable voltage battery, check whether the voltage is set too high. Any setting higher than 4.2v can effect the flavour of the e-liquid, usually noticeable as a burnt taste.
If the voltage is above 4.2v, we recommend to turn this down to solve the problem. When using a fresh coil, avoid turning the power to the max voltage setting immediately after replacing the coil.
If the power setting at 4.2v or below:
- If the coil has been re-filled more than 10 times, this could be the cause of the burnt taste. Coils are expected to last for around 10 refills and will then start to produce less vapour and show an decline in performance and taste.
- Make sure that you keep the wicks in the tank fully saturated, to prevent them from dry burning. On a new coil, this is particularly important as you should always leave at least twenty minutes for the wicks to saturate before using the tank.
- Check to see what the resistance of the coil you are using is. Low resistance coils produce more vapour and throat hit than higher resistance coils, but you will notice a slight impact on the flavour.
If you’re still having any trouble after checking all of the above, please contact customer service.
HOW DO YOU REPLACE THE COIL IN THE TANK?
Check to see if you are using a rebuildable tank, as the standard models do not allow you to replace the coil, so the below guide does not apply.
- Disconnect the tank from the battery.
- Turn the tank upside down.
- Unscrew the tanks main chamber from the base/centre post.
- Unscrew the atomiser head from the tip of tanks centre post.
- Screw in the new coil.
- Reconnect the chamber on the tank.
- Allow the new wick and coil around 30 minutes to saturate before use.
- Vape and enjoy.
MY TANK HAS STARTED LEAKING
If the tank is leaking from the base:
- Ensure that everything in the tank is screwed together tightly and hasn’t been cross threaded.
- Check to see if you are using the correct coil. Some of our coils are only compatible with certain tanks. If in doubt, contact customer service.
- Make sure that you haven't accidentally overfilled the tank, and that you have avoided getting e-liquid down the centre pipe while filling. If e-liquid has gotten into the centre pipe, simply blowing through the tank (while detached from the battery), should clear out any excess.
- Check to see if the centre post in the middle of the tank is aligned properly. If this is offset, it could be causing a leak.
If problems continue, and your tank is still within the two week warranty period, contact customer service.
If the tank is leaking from the window/plastic tube:
- Check to see if the tank has been damaged.
If the problem persists, contact customer service.
If the tank is leaking from the mouthpiece:
- Follow the above steps regarding leaking from the base.
- If the tank has been left upside down or on its side for an extended period of time, blow through the mouthpiece to clear away any excess e-liquid, and leave to stand for a few hours.
- If you are taking a series of long and deep drags, this can sometimes have the effect of drawing too much e-liquid into the atomising chamber. This essentially floods the atomiser and prevents it from vaporising all of the e-liquid, which causes some to then come up the centre post. To prevent this from happening, simply take shorter and less draws consecutively.
- Always try to use the tank upright. If using horizontally or upside down, this can cause e-liquid to be forced through the seals.
If problems doesn’t stop, and the tank is within 2 weeks of purchase, contact customer service.
MY TANK WILL NOT PRODUCE ANY VAPOUR.
Check to see if the tank works okay on another battery. If it does, the issue most likely lies with the battery.
If the tank doesn’t work on another battery, find out the age of the tank. Also check to see when the coil was last replaced. Coils are expected to last for around 10 re-fills before needing to be replaced. If you haven’t already, try replacing the coil.
Make sure that the coil in the tank is screwed in tightly and hasn’t been cross threaded. If the coil is not sitting right, it may be creating a poor connection, causing the tank to not fire properly. If the problem persists, contact customer service.