SERIES-S Starter Kits Help Guide
View our SERIES-S Starter Kits.
THE LIGHT ON MY BATTERY HAS CHANGED COLOUR, WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
The SERIES-S battery operates on a non-regulated voltage. When fully charged, it’ll deliver 4.2v, but as the charge depletes, the voltage will drop off and this is accompanied by respective LED light:
- Green: 4.2V – 3.8V
- Blue: 3.8V – 3.4V
- Red: 3.4V – 3.1V (Below 3.1V the battery will flash 10 times, indicating that it needs to be re-charged.)
DO THE BATTERIES LAST FOREVER?
We expect the SERIES-S batteries will last for around 4-6 months before needing to be replaced, though they may last longer than this if they are particularly well looked after.
To get the best possible lifespan from each battery, you should ensure that they are cleaned regularly. Regular cleaning helps to keep them performing at a high standard. On our JAC Vapour YouTube Channel you can find a video guide demonstrating how this is done.
MY SERIES-S BATTERY IS NO LONGER FIRING
Each SERIES-S battery is fitted with a five-click locking mechanism, which helps to prevent the battery from firing accidentally. Simply click the button five times in quick succession to lock the battery. Unlocking the battery is done in the same way. In order to register correctly, these clicks must be done in quick succession.
In most cases where a battery is no longer lighting up or firing the tank, checking this lock is quickest and easiest solution. We have a short video guide which will show you how to unlock our SERIES-S battery.
Also, try changing the coil in the tank to see if this helps, as a faulty coil may cause the battery to fail to fire.
WHY IS THE LED ON MY BATTERY FLASHING?
Being low on charge is the most common reason for this. Simply charging the battery should resolve the issue in most cases.
Also note, however, that this can happen if the tank is screwed on to the battery too tightly, which may cause the battery to short. In order to prevent this from happening, you should only screw the tank on until it is finger tight. If your battery is flashing at the moment, try loosening it off gently (by around 1mm) and try it again.
Also, try changing the coil in the tank to see if this helps, a faulty coil will cause the battery to fail to fire and this may result in your battery flashing.
CAN I LEAVE MY TANK CONNECTED TO THE BATTERY WHEN NOT IN USE?
It’s fine to keep the tank connected to the battery if not in use for a short period of time. If you will not be using your e-cig for an extended period of time, however, we recommend you disconnect the battery from the tank to reduce the risk of the tank leaking and causing damage to the battery.
WHAT CHARGER DO I NEED FOR MY SERIES-S BATTERY? CAN I USE MY PHONE’S USB CABLE?
The SERIES-S batteries use a USB to micro USB charging cable to charge.
Make sure to use only a reliable cable. We recommend only using a USB cable with an amperage of 0.5-1A. USB chargers with an amperage above this is designed for batteries with a lot more capacity (mobile phones) and takes away one level of protection from the process of charging the SERIES-S, therefore, we wouldn’t recommend it.
IS IT POSSIBLE TO USE ANY E-LIQUID WITH THIS DEVICE?
Any e-liquid can be used with our starter kits. This includes e-liquids from other suppliers, though we cannot guarantee the quality or performance of any e-liquids not purchased from ourselves. Even though all e-liquid can be used, some may not perform as well as others. Some thicker specialist e-liquids (high, or pure VG) do tend to clog up the tank/coils more quickly and reduce their overall lifespan.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MOUTH TO LUNG & DIRECT LUNG?
Mouth to lung (MTL) is similar to the sensation of smoking a cigarette. There is resistance on the draw, meaning the vapour collects in your mouth before inhaling into the lungs.
Direct lung (DL) is similar to inhaling through a wide straw. There is no resistance on the draw, meaning the vapour is inhaled straight into the lungs and is not collected in the mouth first. This is applicable to sub-ohm tanks.
IS THERE A SAFETY CUT OFF?
A single draw can be as long as 10 seconds. Continuing to hold down the power button after this will cause the device to automatically cut out.
CAN I USE A 510 MOUTH TIP?
No. The SERIES-S tank is bespoke and only fits SERIES-S mouthpieces. However, we do have plans to expand the range and bring in different mouthpieces for the SERIES-S.
CAN I USE THE BATTERY WHILE CHARGING IT?
Yes, the SERIES-S has Pass Thru charging so you can still vape while it’s charging.
Does the battery fail to turn on or charge?
Check to see if any other batteries (even phones) are charging successfully using the same charging cable. If not, the issue is with the cable. If the cable does charge another device, the problem lies with the battery itself.
If your battery still isn’t performing correctly:
- Check whether the unit is still within its warranty.
- If the battery is no longer inside its 6 month warranty period, or has reached the end of its lifespan, you may wish to purchase a new battery. If the battery is still within warranty, please contact our customer support team.
If other batteries fail to charge using the same charging cable:
- This would suggest the problem lies with the cable only.
- If your charging cable has reached the end of its lifespan / is no longer covered under the warranty, you may wish to purchase a new cable for your battery.
- If your charging cable is still inside the warranty period, please contact our customer support team.
MY TANK IS NOT PRODUCING VAPOUR AND THE BATTERY IS FLASHING
Check whether the tank fires correctly on another battery if possible:
- Yes: the most likely cause of the problem is the battery, as opposed to the tank. As this is the case, follow our battery troubleshooting steps.
- No: the coil fitted in the tank may need to be replaced. These coils should be replaced roughly every 5 fills of the tank.
If the coil has been replaced and this doesn’t resolve the issue, please contact customer service.
BURNT TASTE FROM THE E-LIQUID
Firstly, check the coil. We expect these coils to last for around 5 fills of the tank on average, and they will normally need to be replaced after this. Depending on the amount of usage and the type of e-liquid used, you may get slightly more or fewer fills from a coil.
It is also important to ensure that the wicks are fully saturated with e-liquid, as this prevents dry-burning. When filling the tank with a fresh coil fitted, this is especially important as this is when it is most vulnerable to burning. We recommend giving a fresh wick around 20-30 minutes for the e-liquid to be absorbed before using the tank.
If the above doesn’t resolve your issue, please contact customer service.
MY TANK IS LEAKING
- Change the coil. In most cases, this will solve the problem and should always be tried before anything else. A coil with a damaged seal may result in leakage. If you have any dud coils, we will make sure these are replaced for you.
- Make sure everything within the tank (coil & base) is screwed tightly into place and not cross-threaded.
- Make sure all the seals on the tank are in place and not broken.
- Make sure you are using the correct coil with the tank.
- Make sure you haven't overfilled the tank.
- Make sure you haven't poured e-Liquid down the centre pipe. If you have, gently blow through the tank while detached from the battery, this should be enough to clear any excess e-liquid.
- Make sure the centre post isn't damaged and is aligned properly.
- Make sure the tank hasn't been left to sit upside-down or horizontally for an extended period of time (if it has, blow through to clear any excess e-Liquid from the centre pipe, then leave to stand upright for a couple of hours).
- Taking a series of long, deep draws can sometimes pull too much e-liquid into the atomising chamber, meaning the coil fails to vaporise it all which results in e-liquid being brought into the centre pipe then the mouthpiece.
- Try to always make sure you are using the device in an upright position and not upside-down or horizontally.
- Also, it's worth taking off the mouthpiece and seeing if there's any e-liquid residue build up in the condensation trap. The condensation trap is where the mouthpiece is fitted. This would perhaps suggest why e-liquid is coming out through the mouthpiece. If there is, clean this out with some paper towel and refit the mouthpiece to check if this makes a difference.
AM I FILLING THE TANK CORRECTLY?
To fill the tank, first remove the base section from the bottom of the tank, with the coil fitted, and the tank turned upside down. To fill, tilt the tank to one side and place the tip of the e-liquid bottle against the side wall. It's important to make sure that no e-liquid enters the open central post, as this will cause leaking. Fill a few mm's below the top of the centre post, as this prevents any e-liquid getting in here as well.
Once filled, reattach the base section, with the coil attached, and make sure to screw inot place securely, but not overly tight. Once connected, turn the tank the right way up, and allow the e-liquid around 20 minutes to soak into the wicking material. After this, the device will be ready for use.
BATTERY FIRING WHEN NOT IN USE – FIRE BUTTON IS STUCK
In all circumstances, we recommend you stop using the battery right way, disconnect any carts/tanks attached, and leave it to discharge before contacting customer service and returning the battery for testing.
SERIES-S BATTERY NOT FIRING (LED FLASHING)
If your battery fails to fire, and when you push the button the LED flashes (with the tank attached), the tank may be screwed on too tightly. In some cases, this can cause the battery to short, which may cause the battery to fail to fire correctly. Try loosening the tank gently by about 1mm to reduce the pressure on the connector pin on the battery.
If the above resolves the issue, ensure that when you use the tank, you continue to avoid over-tightening.
If you continue to have trouble after checking the above, and your battery is still within the warranty period, contact customer service.