Clear Steam E-Liquids Help Guide
Clear Steam vapourless e-liquids are designed to minimise vapour production, and are ideal for those occasions where discretion is required. Unlike regular e-liquids, the vapour produced by Clear Steam dissipates prior to being exhaled. Developed in British laboratories following extensive research, Clear Steam aims to make e-cigarettes even more distinguishable than their traditional counterparts - a visual concern that has resulted in a spate of public bans.
This addition to JAC Vapour's range has the same strength, flavour and throat hit that our other high quality e-liquids are renowned for, whilst offering an effective solution to address concerns raised around the issue of vaping in public.
Please note: Clear Steam can be used in the same way as other e-liquids, but in order to see its true effectiveness, the user needs to make sure to inhale fully when taking a draw. Inhaling fully into the lungs, and holding the inhalation for a second will result in no visible vapour upon exhalation. Simply puffing and exhaling, without drawing the vapour into your lungs will see a small amount of vapour exhaled, though this will be much smaller in volume than that produced by our other e-liquids. Here is a video tutorial on how Clear Steam works, to help you get started.
Clear Steam e-liquids are perfect for use anywhere that vaping is not allowed due to the potential confusion surrounding the exhalation of (harmless) vapour.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CLEAR STEAM E-LIQUID AND UK MADE?
Clear Steam e-liquids were made to purposely produce minimal to no vapour. As there is minimal vapour, they are perfect for when you need to be discrete. Unlike our other e-liquids, the vapour produced by Clear Steam dissipates prior to being exhaled.
Created in British labs following thorough research, JAC Vapour’s investment in Clear Steam e-liquid plans to make the e-cigarette even more distinguishable than their traditional counterparts – a visual concern that has resulted in a spate of public bans. The Clear Steam e-liquid has the same nicotine strengths, throat hit and flavour you would expect from our other liquids, and offers an effective solution to address public concerns on vaping.
Clear Steam is used the same way as all other e-liquids, however, the user needs to make sure to inhale fully when taking a draw, to see the full effects. Inhaling fully into the lungs, while holding on to the inhalation for a second, will result in no visible vapour on the exhale. If the vapour isn’t inhaled fully into the lungs, you will still see a small amount of vapour on exhalation, however, it will be a significant amount less then other e-liquids. Here is a video tutorial on how Clear Steam works, to help you get started.
WHAT DOES THE E-LIQUID CONTAIN?
Clear Steam is made up of:
- Nicotine: The addictive chemical, also found in cigarettes, that produces the produces both the feel and throat hit of smoking. With the nicotine strengths, the higher strength you choose, the stronger it will feel. E-liquid content can be listed as 'mg' or as listed as a percentage. 18mg is equivalent 1.8%, 24mg is 2.4% and so on. The health risks of inhaling nicotine are well known due to the use of cigarettes, it can cause a raised heart rate.
- Propylene Glycol (PG): Again, this is found in normal cigarettes and is safe for consumption. Along with being in cigarettes, it's present in many day to day products ranging from creams to shampoos, and is also used in devices such as smoke machines and inhalers.
- Distilled Water
- Flavourings: To achieve the flavour expected, various flavourings are used in the e-liquid. As an example, our tobacco flavoured e-liquids use tobacco essence to give an authentic tobacco taste.
We use no animal based products in the production of our e-liquid.
HOW MANY TIMES WILL 10ML OF E-LIQUID FILL MY CARTOMIZER?
A 10ml bottle of e-liquid will allow you to fill a 35mm cartomiser (0.8ml) 12.5 times.
CAN CLEAR STEAM BE USED WITH ALL CARTOMIZERS AND TANKS ON YOUR WEBSITE?
Yes, it can.
IS IT POSSIBLE TO BE ALLERGIC TO THE INGREDIENTS IN THE LIQUID AND VAPOUR?
You can be allergic or intolerant to the propylene glycol (PG) in the e-liquid, and, unfortunately, shouldn’t use Clear Steam due to its PG base.
DOES THE E-LIQUID HAVE A SELL/USE BY DATE?
Yes, this can be found on the bottle. E-liquid is expected to last for at least a year if stored in a cool and dry place, that is away from direct sunlight.
DOES THE VAPOUR HAVE ANY SMELL?
The vapour will smell only slightly of the flavour which you are using, however, this fades almost immediately. As well as fading very quickly, the vapour does not cling to clothes, cause any staining to walls, teeth or fingers, nor does it leave an after taste in the mouth.
THERE IS STILL VAPOUR WHEN I EXHALE
To see the true effectiveness of Clear Steam e-liquid, you need to make sure to inhale fully when taking a draw. Fully inhaling into the lungs, and holding on to the inhale for a second will result in no visible vapour upon exhalation. If you are puffing and exhaling, without drawing the vapour into your lungs, you will still see vapour when exhaled. The amount of vapour produced, however, is very little in comparison to other e-liquids. Here is a video tutorial on How Clear Steam E-Liquid works.
WHY IS MY E-LIQUID PRODUCING A BURNT TASTE
This is normally caused by the tank or battery being used, rather than the e-liquid itself.
When using a VV battery, it is important to first check if the voltage is set at too high. When set to a high voltage (4.2v and above) it can have an effect on the taste of the e-liquid, producing a burnt taste. If the voltage is set too high, turning this down to below 4.2v should fix the issue. When using a fresh coil, try to avoid turning the power to max immediately, as this will produce a burnt taste.
If you feel the power setting is fine:
- Check to see if the tank itself is alright if it needs to be replacement. The coils are expected to last for around 10 re-fills each before needing to be replaced, however, dependent on use, this figure can vary. Variables like the type of e-liquid, battery power setting, and how heavily they are being used will all have an effect.
- It is important that the wicks in the tank are kept saturated in e-liquid. When saturated, it prevents them from dry burning. This is particularly important when filling the tank with a fresh coil. If you are using a new coil in your tank, make sure to give the tank around 30 minutes for the wicks to saturate before use.
- If you are using a re-buildable tank, find out the resistance of the coil. Low resistance coils will produce more vapour and throat hit than the higher resistance coils will, however, there can be an impact on flavour.
If you are still having any trouble, please contact customer service.
THE FLAVOUR OF THE E-LIQUID DOESN’T TASTE RIGHT/TASTES DIFFERENT
When filling the cart or tank from empty/clean
Sometimes on our new batches of e-liquids, they require to be steeped. Steeping will occur naturally in the bottle, and essentially describes the maturation of the e-liquid over time. Some flavours require to be steeped for longer than others, however, the longer a liquid is left in the bottle, the better it will taste.
The steeping process can be sped up, however:
- Remove the e-liquid cap, and place the bottle in a warm environment, that is out of direct sunlight, for a few days.
- The e-liquid normally becomes darker, which is a normal, and natural, side effect of the maturation process.
- After a few days of steeping, try the e-liquid again and you should notice a marked improvement in flavour.
- If it still doesn’t taste like it normally would, try leaving it for another couple of days (again, longer is better).
- No matter the age of the e-liquid, most will benefit from at least a little steeping.
When filling on top of a previous flavour
Flavour transference is common when you are re-filling a cart or tank that has been used with a different e-liquid previously. If there was little left over e-liquid in the tank, the flavour of the previous e-liquid will disappear after the first few uses. If you need any advice on cleaning out your tank, check out our Tanks help section.
If you continue to have any trouble with the above, please contact customer service.