Prefilled Cartomisers Help Guide
Pre-filled cartomisers are supplied ready to use straight from the pack, and are filled with our standard e-liquid flavours. Our pre-filled carts are only available in 35mm, or around the same size as the filter on a tobacco cigarette. Each cartomiser holds approx. 0.8ml of e-liquid, which roughly equates to 10-15 cigarettes in terms of number of puffs.
Once you have used a pre-filled cartomiser, it is then possible refill it and use it again and again. Some users may get as many as 20 refills from each cart, though an average of around 8-10 is more common. You can refill your carts with any e-liquid you like (not just ours), though when filling with one flavour on top of another, there may be some flavour transferrance or mixing.
Our carts are fitted with an 808 connection and are designed for use with our V3i range of batteries.
If you are having trouble filling your cartomisers, check out our video guide.
DO CARTS HAVE MOUTHPIECES INCLUDED?
Our cartomisers do not come with mouthpieces, however, they do come with rubber bungs. You can purchase mouthpieces in the accessories section, that fit the carts.
DO CARTS NEED TO BE WASHED BEFORE FILLING THEM?
There is no need for the cartomisers to be washed before being filled. All you need to do is refill with e-liquid. You will taste some of the old e-liquid used for the first few draws, however, this taste will fade quickly. For tips on the above, watch our video on refilling your cartomiser.
HOW DO I TELL WHEN THE CARTS CAN NO LONGER BE FILLED?
This is based on personal preference, as it depends on when you are no longer satisfied with the results you are getting while you vape. You will know when the cart is spent, as the taste and vapour production will decline.
HOW MANY TIMES CAN I RE-FILL MY CARTS?
Carts can be filled roughly 10-15 times. This number can drop if you are using VG e-liquid, however, due to the liquid being thicker.
HOW DO YOU TELL IF THE CARTOMISER IS DRY?
You will know when the cart needs to be re-filled as the performance will start to drop and you will notice a decline in vapour production and performance.
Along with a decline in performance, you may get a burnt taste. This is the wadding in the cart starting to melt. When the cart gets very dry, the wadding will become a bright white colour when it is completely empty. If you let the cart become this dry, it will leave a burnt taste in the cart for the remainder of use.
WHY DO YOU USE PROPYLENE GLYCOL IN CARTS?
When used on their own, the nicotine and flavourings in the e-liquid will produce no vapour. When you add Propylene Glycol (PG), a colourless and sweet liquid, this then produces vapor. When inhaled, and exhaled, this vapour produces a similar experience to smoking as it delivers the crucial fix of nicotine to the body. Propylene Glycol is a completely safe product, and is used in other BP or USP approved products including cosmetics, toiletries, food colourings, cake mixes, salad dressings, soft drinks and more. Along wit this, it is also use in smoke and fog machines, inhalers, and can be found in nightclubs.
WHAT IS THE RESISTANCE OF THE CARTOMISERS?
Standard carts use a 2.4-2.6 Ohm resistance, while the low resistance carts are 2.0-2.2 Ohms.
CAN I REFILL THE PREFILLED CARTS?
You are able to refill all prefilled carts, and they can be refilled roughly 10-15 times. For tips on this, watch our video on refilling your cartomiser.
WHAT BATTERIES WILL THE CARTS FIT?
Our cartomisers use an KR808D-1 thread. Unfortunately, the 901 will only work if you use a manual battery. The 901 is the same threading as the 808, however, has different airflow. We do have adapters that enable the cartomisers to fit the 510 batteries, and these can be found in our accessories section. When using this adapter, however, we are unable to guarantee that the vaping experience will be the same.
CAN I USE THE V3I PASS-THRU WITH CARTOMISERS AND TANKS?
You are able to use only the carts and V3i Mini Tanks with these, as they are still a V3/V3i connection.
IS IT ESSENTIAL TO DISCONNECT THE CARTS AND BATTERIES WHILE NOT IN USE?
There is no need to disconnect the cart and battery when not attached and they are fine to be left connected and ready for use.
CAN YOU HAVE AN ALLERGY TO THE INGREDIENTS IN THE E-LIQUID?
You are able to have an allergic reaction to the ingredients in the e-liquid, however, it is normally an intolerance to PG. To stop having a reaction, all you need to do is change over to VG e-liquid and this will be enough to stop any reaction. If you are still having an allergic reaction at this point, you will need ti swap over to a full VG e-liquid. Our VG e-liquid is 80:20 VG/PG in our Standard Range of e-liquid and 30:70 PG/VG in our UK Made Range.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ALL OF THE AVAILABLE TOBACCO E-LIQUID FLAVOURS?
- Tobacco - This is a standard tobacco flavour, with a slight sweetness to it
- Tobacco Reds USA - Based on US tobacco, but again has a slight sweetness to it
- Tobacco Virgin - Based on rolling tobacco, and doesn’t have a sweet taste
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PG AND VG E-LIQUIDS?
PG e-liquid produces more flavour, however, the VG is always a bit sweeter. VG e-liquids do produces more vapour, but they will then use more e-liquid due to this. PG provides a bigger throat hit, but the VG provides a smoother vape. You can also mix the VG and PG e-liquids together, to get a balance which you prefer.
WHAT IS IN THE E-LIQUID?
There are three main ingredients in e-liquid:
- Nicotine: This is the addictive chemical which provides the throat hit and feel of smoking. When you increase the nicotine content, the bigger the throat hit and the stronger the taste. E-liquid is measured in milliliter's or listed as a percentage. 6mg is the same as 0.6% and 12mg is 1.2%...The health risks of inhaling nicotine are well known due to the use of cigarettes, it can cause a raised heart rate
- Propylene Glycol (PG): This is also inside normal cigarettes and is safe to consume. along with being in e-liquid and cigarettes, PG can also be found in shampoo and inhalers.
- Vegetable Glycerine (VG): Again, this is safe for consumption and is found in many everyday products much like PG. The main benefit of VG is the increased vapour volume.
- Flavourings: Various flavourings are used in the e-liquid to achieve the taste. For instance, many of our tobacco e-liquids use tobacco essence to give an authentic tobacco taste. We also have no animal based products within the ingredients.
- Some people have an allergy to PG e-liquid and may require pure VG e-liquid if this is the case. Our VG in the Standard Range of e-liquids use a 20/80 PG/VG base, while our UK Made are 30/70 PG/VG base. As this is the case, our VG e-liquids are not for those with a PG allergy.
- There may be traces of nuts within our e-liquids, therefore, not suited for those with a nut allergy.
- Our e-liquids are also not suitable for pregnant women.
- If you need any more advice or are unsure about anything, please feel free to contact our customer service.
MY CART WON’T WORK, HOW DO I FIX IT?
My carts won’t produce vapour:
- Take a draw on your cart while unscrewing at the same time. This should get thing working once the cart has been loosened about 1mm.
I’m getting a tight draw and little vapour:
- the happens due to the cart not having enough e-liquid, or because there is a wicking problem. The carts require 25-30 drops e-liquid on the first fill to begin the wicking process. Something else to try which helps wicking, is making a small hole with a pin down the side of the wicking. This allows the e-liquid to soak in quicker.
My cart is tasting burnt:
- This is a wicking problem and can be fixed by putting a small hole down the side of the wicking. By doing this, it will help the wick feed e-liquid to the coil quicker.
Keep the end cap on the bottom of the cart to prevent e-liquid from getting in the centre post while filling:
- Put ten drops of e-liquid in the cart and allow to soak into the wicking. Repeat this process until you have put roughly 30 drops of e-liquid in the cart.
- In case you got any e-liquid in the centre post, remove the base of the cart and blow through to clear away any excess e-liquid. Once you have done this, allow the cart 20 minutes for the e-liquid to soak in properly.
Some e-liquid needs more help to aid wicking:
- Take a pin and stab the top of the cart, as well as the putting a small hope down the side of the wicking. Dripping it onto the spot when the needle and the wadding meet, will allow the e-liquid to run down the needle to the bottom of the cart freely and aid quicker filling for the first fill of a cart.