Blank Cartomisers Help Guide
Blank cartomizers come empty, ready to be filled with e-liquid. Filling cartomizers is very easy and they can be refilled around 8-10 times on average with any eliquid you fancy. Some customers find they can refill a cartomizer up to 20 times if they are careful to keep the wadding moist with e-liquid and don't let it dry out.
Blank cartomizers come in 3 sizes: 35mm (standard), 50mm (longer) and the Megacart (our largest cart). The Megacart is designed for the Vgo2 batteries and should not be used with the smaller V3i batteries.
When filling a cartomizer for the first time, you need to fill with at least 70% of the total capacity, so in the case of the Megacart that holds 2.4ml you need to fill it with at least 1.8ml for gravity to take over and the wicking process to start.
HOW DO YOU TELL IF THE CART CAN NO LONGER BE REFILLED?
When you feel that the vapour production and performance of your cart is becoming poor, this is when the cart is normally coming to the end of its life span. This normally happens after roughly 10 refills of the cart, however, some people do get more than this. As long as you keep them topped up and don’t allow them to go dry, they will last longer.
DO YOU NEED TO WASH OUT THE CARTS BEFORE YOU REFILL THEM?
It is not essential to wash the carts before refilling, however, you will get the taste from the previous cart for the first couple of uses. To see how to fill our carts, watch our video on refilling your cartomizers.
WHAT SIZE OF CARTOMIZERS CAN BE USED WITH V3I 55MM, 65MM OR 78MM BATTERIES?
The 35mm and 50mm carts both work on the V3i batteries, however, the 35mm carts are recommend for optimum usage.
HOW DO YOU TELL WHEN THE CART IS DRY, AND WHEN TO REFILL?
Our 35mm and 50mm carts can be refilled around 10-15 times each. The Megacarts can be filled roughly about 6-8 times. These figures can change, however, depending on what e-liquid you are using as VG tends to clog the carts up much quicker.
If you start to notice a slight burnt taste, this is the wadding in the cart melting. The wadding will become brighter when it is empty. We don’t recommend to let your cart get this dry, however, as the burnt taste may stay for good.
All cartomizers are roughly around 10-15 cigarettes worth in terms of draws. If you purchase a 10ml bottle of e-liquid, this will fill the cart roughly 12 times.
DO CARTS HAVE MOUTHPEICES?
Our cartomizers don’t come with mouthpieces, however, they do come with rubber bungs. If you would prefer to use a mouthpiece with the cartomizers, these can be purchased in the accessories section. There's aluminium and stainless steel in flat or rounded versions, or rubber mouth pieces. The rubber bungs come standard with the cartomizers.
WHAT RESISTANCE DO THE CARTOMIZERS COME IN?
The V3 carts, both 35mm and 50mm, are 2.4-2.6Ohm resistance, whereas the low resistance carts are 2.0-2.2Ohms.
CAN THE V3I PASS-THRU WORK WITH CARTOMIZERS AND TANKS?
The V3i pass-thru works with the carts and Mini Tanks. These are just pass through versions of V3i batteries and don’t fit the 808 and 510 tanks.
WHAT BATTERIES DO THE CARTS FIT?
All of our cartomizsers use the KR808D-1 thread. The 901 will not work unless you're using a manual battery. The 901 is the same thread but has different airflow.
The carts can be used with 510 batteries, however, you will require the adapter that can be found in the accessories section, to allow this to work. However, we cannot guarantee that the quality of your vaping experience will be as good.
DOES THE BATTERY NEED TO BE DISCONNECT FROM THE CART WHILE NOT IN USE?
There is no need to disconnect the two when not in use, it is fine to leave them connected and ready for use.
IS IT POSSIBLE TO BE ALLERGIC TO THE E-LIQUID?
Some people are allergic to the PG that is in the e-liquid. If you are allergic to this, we recommend to change over to a VG e-liquid, as this should stop you have a reaction. However, if you are fully allergic to PG, we recommend to use a 100% VG base e-liquid, as this contains no PG.
Intellicigs Ecopure e-liquid is one such e-liquid and it works well in our devices, as does just about all e-liquid. The majority of e-liquids that are VG, still contain some PG inside them. Our VG e-liquid is 80:20 VG/PG in our Standard Range of e-liquid and 30:70 PG/VG in our UK Made Range.
WHAT ARE THE E-LIQUID INGREDIENTS?
E-liquid contains 3 main ingredients plus flavourings:
- Nicotine: This is what provides the throat hit and feel of smoking. Along with this, it is also the addictive chemical that is also in normal cigarettes. When the nicotine content is increased, this makes the throat hit stronger. The e-liquid strength is written as mg and sometimes is written as a percentage, e.g. 18mg is 1.8%.
- Propylene Glycol (PG): Again, this is in normal cigarettes and is safe to consume. Along with this, PG can be found in creams, shampoos and inhalers.
- Vegetable Glycerine (VG): Present in most e-liquids, VG is what increases vapour volume. Again, this product is safe for consumption.
- Flavourings: To reach an authentic taste in our e-liquids, we need to use various flavourings. For example, our tobacco e-liquids contain tobacco essence.
- If you have an allergy to the PG in the e-liquid, it is recommended to use a 100% VG e-liquid. Our VG in the Standard Range of e-liquids use a 20/80 PG/VG base, while our UK Made are 30/70 PG/VG. As this is the case, our liquids are not suitable for people with a PG allergy.
- The e-liquid is not suitable for pregnant women.
- We must state as well that our e-liquid may contain nuts, so isn’t suitable for those with a nut allergy.
- If you need any help any have any other questions regarding the above, feel free to contact our customer support.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PG AND VG E-LIQUIDS?
The main difference between the two, is that PG e-liquid has more flavour, whereas VG is always a bit sweeter. PG provides a bigger throat hit, however, the VG feel smoother to vape. VG alone will produce more vapour than PG, however, this will use more e-liquid. You can also mix a bit of VG in with PG to get the balance you prefer.
CARTS WON’T PRODUCE VAPOUR
There are several reasons that can cause this to happen. To determine where the issue lies, try using the cart on another battery to see if this works. If the battery won’t work, refer to the ‘batteries not charging’ section.
If the cart seems to be the problem, follow these steps:
- While taking a draw on the battery, unscrew the cart. This should allow the battery to fire normally once loosened about 1mm.
- If you are getting little vapour from your cart, or if the cart has a tight draw, the cart may need to be filled with more e-liquid. To kick-off the wicking process, blank carts require around 25-30 drops of e-liquid on the first fill. For a pre-filled cart, these require around 20-25 drops.
- Something else which aids in the wicking process, is placing a pin down the wadding and making a small hole. This will allow the e-liquid to wick a lot quicker and will enable the cart to start producing vapour normally.
- Ensure to keep the end cap of the cart on while filling, to prevent any e-liquid from leaking through. Then use 10 drops of e-liquid and allow it to soak in. If you get any e-liquid in the centre pipe, this is okay. Do this two more times so that you then have 30 drops of e-liquid in the cart, and make sure to allow the e-liquid time to absorb. After this, take off the end cap and blow through the cart to clear any e-liquid in the centre pipe. Ensure to use some dry paper towel on the other end while blowing through, so that you can catch the excess.
MY CARTS WON’T WORK, WHAT CAN I DO TO GET THEM WORKING?
Below is our list of tips and tricks for cartomizers.
The cart does not fire and no vapour is produced:
- Take a drag and unscrew the cart from the battery. When you have loosened the cart roughly 1mm, it should allow the cart to fire properly.
The cart seems hard to drag on and a very small amount of vapour is produced:
- This occurs due to a wicking problem. To fix this, simply fill the cart with more e-liquid. When filling a cart for the first time, it will require around 25-30 drips of e-liquid to get the wicking process started. To help the e-liquid get into the wicking, making a hole with a pin, down the side of the cart wall, will speed up this process.
The cart has a burnt taste:
- Again, this is a wicking problem and can be sorted by poking a small hole down the side of the wick, as this will allow the e-liquid to reach the coil quicker.
- Make sure to keep the end cap on the bottom of the cart, as this will prevent from leaking through the centre hole while filling.
- Put 10 drops of e-liquid into the cart and allow it to soak in. After allowing in to soak in, do this two more times, so that there is 30 drops of e-liquid in the cart.
- Take off the end cap of the cart and blow through to clear any excess e-liquid. Make sure to have a piece of paper towel on the other end of the cart, to catch and excess. Once you have done this, allow the cart to sit for 10 minutes.
Some e-liquid requires more encouragement when filling to wick:
- Use a needle to make small holes in the wicking in a new cart, and then make a hole down the side of the cart. This will then allow the cart to soak in the e-liquid quicker.